The Hayes Law Firm is a personal injury law firm in Greenville, South Carolina that assists individuals who have been injured in truck accidents. Truck accidents can result in far more serious injuries than passenger vehicle accidents. These claims can also be more complex than passenger vehicle claims because truck companies are required to abide by strict federal and local laws. If you or someone you love was hurt in a truck accident in Greenville, South Carolina, reach out to the Hayes Law Firm, a personal injury attorney today. Our attorneys can review the details of your accident, determine if the truck company or driver broke the law, and pursue your case to the fullest extent under the law. Truck accidents can often be prevented when drivers abide by the law. Here are some truck accident types and ways to prevent them:
- Carriage Underride Accidents. Trucks have a large clearance beneath them. When a passenger vehicle collides with a large truck, the car can potentially pass beneath the truck, resulting in serious and devastating accidents. Truck companies are required to place barriers on the rear of the truck. While barriers are available on the sides, they are not required by law. If you or someone you love was hurt in a carriage underride accident in Greenville, South Carolina, the Hayes Law Firm is a personal injury attorney who may be able to assist you with your claim. Our firm can review whether the truck company had the proper equipment to prevent a carriage underride accident and review other factors that may have contributed to your crash.
- Jackknife Truck Accidents. When the trailer of a truck slides in front of the cabin, this is known as a jackknife accident. These accidents can impact multiple lanes of traffic and result in serious injuries for those riding in passenger vehicles. Jackknife accidents can occur if a truck wasn’t properly loaded (truck companies are required to abide by laws that limit how heavy a truck can be loaded). Going too fast for conditions and improper braking can also lead to jackknife accidents. Have you been hurt in a jackknife accident? The personal injury attorneys at the Hayes Law Firm in Greenville, South Carolina may be able to help you.
- Rollover Crashes. When a truck rolls over, multiple lanes of traffic can be impacted. Rollover crashes can occur if a truck is improperly loaded, if a driver is going too fast for conditions, or if a driver brakes suddenly. Driver inattention and fatigue can also increase the risk that a driver might overcorrect suddenly, resulting in a rollover crash. If you’ve been hurt in a truck rollover accident, The Hayes Law Firm is a personal injury lawyer in Greenville, South Carolina that may be able to assist you with your claim.
- Wide Turn Crashes. Trucks need a wide turn radius in order to safely complete a turn. When truck drivers fail to account for the radius they need or when they drive on roads where trucks are not permitted, accidents can occur.
- Blind Spot Accidents. Trucks have a wide blind spot. When drivers fail to take this into account and change lanes, serious accidents can occur. Drivers are required to have and use mirrors. However, fatigued driving, improper equipment, or even distracted driving can lead to accidents, especially if a truck driver changes lanes without looking. Think this might have been a factor in your truck accident? Reach out to the Hayes Law Firm Upstate Attorneys, personal injury lawyers in Greenville, South Carolina.
- Lost Load. Truck companies have a responsibility to properly secure their loads. When truck companies don’t properly load trucks or properly secure their loads, they could be held accountable for any accidents that happen due to a lost load. The Hayes Law Firm Upstate Attorneys are personal injury lawyers in Greenville, South Carolina who may be able to help you if a lost load resulted in your injury or damaged your vehicle.
These are just some of the causes of truck accidents and the ways these accidents can be prevented. The trucking industry makes billions each year; truck companies and drivers have a responsibility to protect the safety of the general public by following federal and local trucking laws. If you or someone you love was hurt because a truck driver violated the law, you may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim for your losses. The Hayes Law Firm Upstate Attorneys is a personal injury law firm in Greenville, South Carolina that can provide you with a free initial consultation of your case and assist you with your claim. Contact our law firm today to learn more about your rights and to seek justice for your losses.