If your case also involves a divorce on a one year continuous separation, the following questions will be asked:
- Usually the Court will ask you, prior to starting the hearing, whether there is any possibility of reconciliation
- When did you separate
- Have you remained separated continuously since that time, without reconciliation or cohabitation
- are you asking the Court to grant you a divorce based upon a one year continuous separation
Your Witness on a One Year Separation Divorce (this should be someone who comes to your home regularly and has first-hand knowledge that you have been separated for more than one year, such as a friend, relative or neighbor):
- How do you know the party(ies)
- How long have you known the party(ies)
- Did you hear them testify that they separated around (date)
- does that dound accurate to you?
- Are you close to the party(ies)
- If they had reconciled, do you believe they would have told you?
- To your knowledge, have them remained separate and apart since that time
- Have you been to their home on a regular basis over the past year
- During any of those times, have you seen anything to indicate that they were residing together
- To your knowledge, have they in fact been separated for more than one year