Greenville Car Accident Attorneys and Lawyers
Hayes Law Firm Upstate Attorneys, LLC provides representation for auto accident victims in Greenville, South Carolina. The days and weeks after a crash can be fraught with many new challenges. You may be struggling to heal, may be out of work due to your injuries, and may be wondering how you’ll pay your bills. If you’ve been hurt in an accident due to no fault of your own, you may be facing high medical costs, lost wages due to missed time from work, and immense pain and suffering. Car accidents can leave victims seriously injured or disabled. According to the Centers for Disease Control, car accident deaths cost victims and citizens of South Carolina an estimated $1.05 billion in medical costs and lost work costs each year. These numbers don’t account for the losses sustained by families when victims survive accidents with serious or life-altering injuries. Life-altering injuries can impact families for many years or for the lifetime of the victim who may require rehabilitative care, nursing care, or other supports. Sometimes families lose a primary breadwinner or the primary caretaker of their children.
The vast majority of car accidents occur due to human error. According to the Stanford Law School, approximately 90% of crashes can be attributed to a mistake a person made behind the wheel. There are many causes of car accidents. Some of these causes include distracted driving, speeding, violation of the rules of the road, drinking and driving, or other mistakes. If you or a loved one has been injured due to the negligent actions of another person or party, you may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim under the law. Contact the Hayes Law Firm Upstate Attorneys, LLC, auto accident attorneys in Greenville, South Carolina today to learn more about your rights and options. Our firm may be able to help you get the recovery you may deserve.
What You Need to Know About Car Accident Insurance Claims in Greenville, South Carolina
If you’ve been involved in a minor accident with only a few injuries, you may not need the assistance of a lawyer to help you make a claim. However, if you were in a more serious accident or if you were personally injured in a crash, you may want to speak a qualified Greenville, car accident lawyer at Hayes Law Firm Upstate Attorneys, LLC. In the aftermath of an accident, you will need to report the crash to your insurance company. What are some things you should keep in mind if you are going through the insurance claims process after an accident?
- Ask to correspond with the adjuster in writing. Avoid talking to the insurance adjuster over the phone. Anything you say to your adjuster can be used later to deny you your claim. Rather than giving a statement over the phone, ask that the adjuster and that the insurance company contact you in writing. This way, you can carefully review any correspondence from the insurance company or share this correspondence with your car accident lawyer.
- Read your policy. Do you understand your policy’s limitations or benefits? If you are unsure about the fine print of your policy, consider reaching out to Hayes Law Firm Upstate Attorneys, LLC, qualified auto accident attorneys in Greenville, South Carolina.
- Understand the value of your claim. Your insurance adjuster may offer you an initial settlement that doesn’t reflect your damages. If your settlement doesn’t cover your injuries or your car repairs, consider speaking to the auto accident lawyers at Hayes Law Firm Upstate Attorneys, LLC. We can estimate the value of your damages based on your medical expenses and lost wages. We can also estimate the value of future lost wages and expenses. Once we have a clearer picture of the value of your claim, we can negotiate with insurance adjusters to help you arrive at a fair settlement within the terms of your insurance policy.
- Avoid settling too soon. In the aftermath of a crash, you may be suffering from injuries and may be tempted to settle your claim as soon as possible to pay your bills. Don’t let your insurance adjuster pressure you into an early or quick settlement. Some injuries are not diagnosed in the immediate aftermath of a crash. For example, traumatic brain injury and post-traumatic stress disorder symptoms can take days, weeks, or even months before they become apparent. If you have any doubts, have your settlement reviewed by a qualified car accident lawyer in Greenville, South Carolina.
- If you’ve been seriously injured, consider reaching out to a car accident lawyer. If your injuries are more severe, you could be facing years of rehabilitation or recovery. A qualified attorney can consult with experts to estimate the value of your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering damages.
The Hayes Law Firm Upstate Attorneys, LLC are car accident attorneys in Greenville, South Carolina who understand that not all car accident victims are familiar with the insurance claims process. Insurance adjusters sometimes use computer programs or estimates to determine the value of the settlement offer they will make. Sometimes these estimates are not based on your actual costs or losses. If you have any questions about the insurance claims process, reach out to the Hayes Law Firm Upstate Attorneys, LLC today.
Seeking Justice for Car Accident Victims in Greenville, South Carolina
Car accident victims may find themselves facing new and unique challenges in the aftermath of a crash. For example, you and your family may be facing sudden and unexpected medical bills. You may be struggling to make ends meet if your loved one has had to miss work to heal an injury. All of these stresses can place immense financial strain on families. If you find yourself struggling after a car accident, consider speaking to the Hayes Law Firm Upstate Attorneys, LLC today. Our qualified auto accident attorneys in Greenville, South Carolina can work with you to help you navigate the complex auto accident claims process. We can work with adjusters, hold negligent parties accountable, and help you seek the recovery you may deserve under the law.
Reach out to the Hayes Law Firm Upstate Attorneys, LLC today for a free, initial consultation. We only get paid when you win. We are here to help.