Greenville Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
Fierce Representation Since 1993
If you were hit by a car, you likely sustained severe injuries that have left you immobile for a period of time. Unfortunately, proving who is at fault in a pedestrian accident can be complicated, especially if the injured person was jaywalking instead of using a crosswalk.
Fortunately, Hayes Law Firm Upstate Attorneys, LLC, is knowledgeable and experienced in proving a driver was negligent and caused a pedestrian injury. We work closely with investigators to determine if the driver in your case was negligent, e.g., by driving under the influence, driving while texting, or fatigued.
We can fully investigate your case and employ professionals in other areas to determine the extent of your entitlement. Our pedestrian accident attorneys in Greenville are here to help you heal after an accident, especially when you’re dealing with serious injuries.
Contact our Greenville pedestrian accident attorney today online or by phone at (864) 432-5353 to schedule a same-day consultation – we’re available after hours and on weekends for client convenience.
What do You do After You've Been Hit By a Car?
Unfortunately, pedestrian accidents can occur just about anywhere, whether you are crossing the street legally, walking past a driveway, or are in a parking lot. By knowing what to do immediately following your accident, you can save yourself some time and expenses in the future:
- Seek medical attention. If you’ve been struck by a vehicle, it’s important that you seek medical attention and call for an ambulance, so you don’t need to make any unnecessary movements. Even if you don’t feel any pain in the moment, your injuries may appear later on, which is why you need to be seen by a doctor who can detect any injuries.
- Contact the police. It’s also necessary to call law enforcement to the scene. Officers that respond to car accidents are required to file crash reports, which you can obtain a copy of and use as evidence in your claim.
- Gather evidence if possible. If you’re unable to collect any evidence at the scene of your accident, a pedestrian accident lawyer in Greenville can help.
Our team has the resources we need to strengthen your claim. We know reconstruction experts who can help us investigate the accident and determine liability, and we know to gather crash reports, medical records, witness testimonies, and more to prove that your injuries were directly caused by the negligent driver.
What Is the Typical Settlement for Someone that was Hit by a Car?
While there is no average dollar amount when it comes to personal injury settlements, our attorneys can help you determine how much compensation you should ask for based on a few different things:
- What medical bills you have been forced to pay as a result of your injuries
- Whether you have been forced to miss work due to your injuries
- If you will suffer permanent disability as a result of being struck by the car
- If the driver of the car demonstrated severe negligence or malice in hitting you
- Pain and suffering that you may have experienced as a result of your injuries
We will take all of these factors into account when determining what a fair settlement would be for your claim, and we will then fight to get you every penny you deserve.
Our Greeneville Pedestrian Accident Lawyers Can Help
As a family-owned firm that is committed to serving our community in Greenville and beyond, we keep ourselves informed on unsafe areas, especially areas that are known for pedestrian accidents. Our firm has negotiated cases involving some of the most dangerous roadways for pedestrians in the area.
Some dangerous areas include:
- Old Buncombe Road
- Wade Hampton Boulevard
- White Horse Road at Lily Street
Our pedestrian accident attorneys in Greenville are ready to help. Call us for your free consultation today at (864) 432-5353.
Medical Debt Collection and Worker’s Compensation Claims in Greenville, South Carolina
Instructions for Filling Out Financial Declaration
How to Write an Affidavit
Child Support and Voluntary Impoverishment in Greenville, South Carolina
How Do I Prepare for My Temporary Hearing?
Divorce and Your Small Business in Greenville, South Carolina
Our Recent Results
Confidential Settlement Serious Injuries
After filing in Federal Court and completing the discovery process, we were able to successfully resolve this matter on behalf of our client at mediation shortly after the client’s treatment was complete.
$495,000 Meniere's Disease
Settlement after mediation for a registered nurse who was diagnosed with bilateral Meniere's disease after having been assaulted by a hospital patient.