Greenville Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
Fierce Representation Since 1993
If you were hit by a car, you likely sustained severe injuries that have left you immobile for a period of time. Unfortunately, proving who is at fault in a pedestrian accident can be complicated, especially if the injured person was jaywalking instead of using a crosswalk. Fortunately, Hayes Law Firm Upstate Attorneys, LLC, is knowledgeable and experienced in proving a driver was negligent and caused a pedestrian injury. We work closely with investigators to determine if the driver in your case was negligent, e.g., by driving under the influence, driving while texting, or fatigued. We can fully investigate your case and employ professionals in other areas to determine the extent of your entitlement. Our pedestrian accident attorneys in Greenville are here to help you heal after an accident, especially when you’re dealing with serious injuries.
What to Do After Your Accident
Unfortunately, pedestrian accidents can occur just about anywhere, whether you are crossing the street legally, walking past a driveway, or are in a parking lot. By knowing what to do immediately following your accident, you can save yourself some time and expenses in the future:
- Seek medical attention. If you’ve been struck by a vehicle, it’s important that you seek medical attention and call for an ambulance, so you don’t need to make any unnecessary movements. Even if you don’t feel any pain in the moment, your injuries may appear later on, which is why you need to be seen by a doctor who can detect any injuries.
- Contact the police. It’s also necessary to call law enforcement to the scene. Officers that respond to car accidents are required to file crash reports, which you can obtain a copy of and use as evidence in your claim.
- Gather evidence if possible. If you’re unable to collect any evidence at the scene of your accident, a pedestrian accident lawyer in Greenville can help.
Our team has the resources we need to strengthen your claim. We know reconstruction experts who can help us investigate the accident and determine liability, and we know to gather crash reports, medical records, witness testimonies, and more to prove that your injuries were directly caused by the negligent driver.
What Is the Typical Settlement for a Pedestrian Hit by a Car?
While there is no average dollar amount when it comes to personal injury settlements, our attorneys can help you determine how much compensation you should ask for based on a few different things:
- What medical bills you have been forced to pay as a result of your injuries
- Whether you have been forced to miss work due to your injuries
- If you will suffer permanent disability as a result of being struck by the car
- If the driver of the car demonstrated severe negligence or malice in hitting you
- Pain and suffering that you may have experienced as a result of your injuries
We will take all of these factors into account when determining what a fair settlement would be for your claim, and we will then fight to get you every penny you deserve.
Dangerous Roads in the Greenville Area
As a family-owned firm that is committed to serving our community in Greenville and beyond, we keep ourselves informed on unsafe areas, especially areas that are known for pedestrian accidents. Our firm has negotiated cases involving some of the most dangerous roadways for pedestrians in the area.
Some dangerous areas include:
- Old Buncombe Road
- Wade Hampton Boulevard
- White Horse Road at Lily Street
Unfortunately, because someone who is walking, running, or riding a bicycle on the side of the road does not have as much protection as someone in a car, injuries are often quite severe for pedestrians in an accident.
Common injuries sustained in pedestrian accidents include road rash, broken or crushed bones, internal bleeding, spinal cord injuries, and brain injuries. Catastrophic injuries can impact a victim for the rest of their life and require lifelong medical treatment and care. In situations like this, the cost of emergency room visits, ongoing medical care, and prescriptions rise quickly, especially if you factor in being unable to work. Without compensation, you will quickly find yourself under a mountain of debt. Let us help you prevent that.
Our attorneys can work to help you recover the following after your accident:
- Medical bills, including the costs of ambulance rides, hospital stays, X-rays, surgeries, medications, and equipment
- Lost wages and future earning capacity if you had to miss work or quit your job after your accident
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
Don’t take a chance on navigating this difficult time by yourself. Our team has more than 55 years of combined experience that we can utilize to secure maximum compensation for your injuries. Allow us to fight on your behalf and hold negligent drivers responsible for their actions.
Meniere's Disease $495,000
Settlement after mediation for a registered nurse who was diagnosed with bilateral Meniere's disease after having been assaulted by a hospital patient.
Neck Injury $325,000
We were successful in an appeal which provides that due to many years of having to walk with an altered gait, the client now has a compensable back injury.
Severe Back Injuries $240,000
Workers compensation settlement for a client who was carrying a laptop computer for many days in a row while at a seminar.
Leg Injury $200,000
The factual and legal issues were favorably resolved and the workers' compensation carrier agreed the right leg was effected and paid for all medical treatment for both the back and leg.
Workers' compensation settlement at a mediation for a client whose left hand was crushed between a forklift and a die machine.
Hit on His Head by a Falling Tree $195,000
Workers’ Compensation Settlement for our client who was a logger and was hit on his head by a falling tree resulting in two surgical procedures to his neck.
Severe Injuries Causing by Forklift Accident $161,000
We were able to successfully resolve the legal issues regarding the extent of the permanent disability sustained as evidenced by this result.
Knee Injury & Psychological Issues $100,000
The legal issue regarding her permanent disability sustained was favorably resolved as evidenced by this case result.
Shoulder Injuries $99,900
The legal issue regarding the extent of his disability was also favorably resolved as we secured compensation over and above his impairment rating to his shoulder.
Foot Avulsion Fractures $97,000
Our client was walking down a hallway when she lost her footing and ended up with 6 avulsion fractures in her foot and a diagnosis of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS).